Beth and Clayton came over today to see me one last time before I go home. It was nice. Aaaand my brother-in-law has a sideways ribbon magnet on his truck. I give up. The good news is that his brother is coming back from Iraq in a few weeks, this time for good (we hope).

It's kind of depressing, the lack of good restaurants around here (Norman and Oklahoma City). And by good I mean places that have a decent number of vegetarian options. My parents wanted to go out to a restaurant before I left, but I decided I'd rather have my mom's cooking. Couldn't think of a good restaurant to go to.

Beth, Clayton, my mom and I walked to Campus Corner today to have lunch at a relatively new place called the Pita Pit. We were hoping that it would be something like the World Wrapps place we've eaten at in Seattle, but sadly it was not. World Wrapps has items like Portobello Mushroom and Goat Cheese wrap, and Bombay Curry Veggie wrap. The Pita Pit is basically like a Subway. You get to choose your kind of meat, and then they ask you what else you want in your pita bread (lettuce? tomato? pickles? mayo?). Plus they had truly terrifying anthropomorphic vegetables painted on the walls:

One good thing about the trip was that I ran into Meisha, who I haven't seen for a couple of years. She was one of my first friends in high school, and although we drifted to different groups of friends, she's a great person and I wish we'd kept in touch.

I'm excited and anxious about getting back to Olin. It will be so good to see everyone again, and to just be on campus, where I'm forced to interact with people (which I enjoy, but don't tend to go out and initiate when I could just sit at home). On the other hand, I know that this will be an intense semester academically. I'm taking 20 credits, in an effort to make up for my lost semester and still graduate on time. Plus, it will be a big transition, from several months of vacation, basically, back to full-time student-hood (which I haven't done since last May). My study habits are not always the best, but I think that I CAN get things done efficiently if I think about it the right way. I'll be doing my best. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts