Dear Paul.

It's okay if you don't know anything about Java. Really. I won't think any less of you. But please don't try to bluff your way through a conversation pretending to be an expert. I'm not that much of a programmer, but I can tell when you're spewing bullshit.

Dear Paul.

We decided what needed to be done at yesterday's meeting. If you want to schedule another meeting with me, that's fine, but only if you have something additional to discuss. If the meeting is just going to be a repeat of yesterday's, please don't waste my time.

Dear Paul.

When you do schedule a meeting with me, and your friend who works in the next office stops by, it's not polite to carry on a personal conversation with her for 30 minutes. You should know better. And so should she. Also phone calls. If it's an important phone call, by all means, take it. I realize that I am a lowly intern and that lots of other tasks come before me on your list of priorities. But personal phone calls? If you must answer, please keep it short. No chatting. That was rude.

Dear Paul.

I realize that you have your own favored pace of working (read: not working). Fine. Whatever. But when it affects me, I care. We decided three weeks ago that I should get adminstrator status on the SQL database. And you haven't even asked IT yet, but have warned me not to ask them myself. We decided before I even arrived that I would need to be able to create web pages, but you still haven't figured out where I'm supposed to put my pages. Please. Get your act together and just let. me. go.

Dear IT.

PHP is not a crazy fringe technology. You really should consider supporting it.

Dear Katie.

When there exist two doors in your house to which no one has keys, but which can still be locked, you might want to consider the possibility that someday, someone going to accidentally lock those doors, and then no one will be able to get into the house. Particularly if you are selling the house and have realtors walking through all the time. If and when the doors-to-which-there-are-no-keys are locked, the correct response to my phone call is not "I'm in class. Wait for the girls downstairs to get home." You should start with an apology. And then you should call a locksmith immediately. I didn't enjoy sitting on your front porch for three hours, feeding the mosquitos.

Dear Bridget.

You're such a bitch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wait...which one is Bridget?

Come up with something stress relieving that you want to do this weekend. My treat. I recommend facials, paintball or fancy dessert out.

I'll see you Saturday morning.

Joles
Sarah said…
Bridget is the one who looks like Skipper.
Anonymous said…
Wow, I don't know you, but I'm a good friend of Will's from Eugene, and think this post is pretty great.

Way to go. I feel your pain regarding your work issues.
Will said…
Wow. I hope you never write letters to me in your blog. Still don't get the Skipper thing...

Popular Posts