Spring

Things are coming along on the tractor. We got parts made and are finally starting to mount things to the tractor, which is very exciting. These pictures show just a few of the parts that will eventually be mounted. There will be shorter, longer box on the other side of the tractor, as well as a hood for the LIDAR on the nose. The shelf in back is for the generator--it has a large cover that goes over it. And then conduit and all that.

Tractor 011

Tractor 010

Also, it is SPRING. The weather is beautiful, there is sun in my room in the mornings, and I've just been in a really good mood. Also, one of my favorite things about spring at Olin is when the Magnolias in the O bloom, which they are on the verge of doing right now. I took a picture of one of the trees this morning, and it would be cool if I took one at the same time for the next few days, but realistically I'm not going to get up at 8:30 every morning. Anyway, here's today's picture:

Tractor 008

I haven't blogged in a while so this is kind of old news but... I have a job for next year, which is a relief. It's in Washington, DC with the EPDC (their website seems to be down disturbingly often, but I promise that it's a real organization), which is where I interned over the summer. I'll be doing some of the same things that I did over the summer; they have all these ideas for how to display data in useful ways, and my job will be to figure out how to implement their ideas. The EPDC currently produces a lot of printed reports on the state of education in developing countries, but they would like to make reports available online, too, that display the most recent data. I'm semi-worried that I'm in over my head as far as technical skills, but eh, I've worked for them before, so they know what they're getting. I'm a systems engineer, not a CS major.

Oh, also, salary negotiation process! What a bizarre, confusing, and stressful ritual. But at least now I've gone through it with some very nice people guiding me along, so it will be easier when I have to do it in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts