need suggestions

I came home from the market with some bourbon & fennel buffalo sausage today. It's been about 6 years since I've cooked any meat, and while I realize sausage is not difficult to cook, I have no idea what else to serve it with. Can I do something with cranberries? I found some recipes for stuffing, but my cranberries are fresh, not dried. Here's what I have to work with:

fennel bulbs, acorn squash, leeks, potatoes, fingerling sweet potatoes, beets,

arugula, mesclun, raddichio,

apples, cider,

parsley, cilantro, celery, green onions, garlic,

chevre, cheese curds, camembert, a sheep cheese similar to pecorino romano, gorgonzola,

whole and skim milk, eggs

Comments

S said…
Bangers and Mash! You could add some sweet potatoes into the mash to give it a twist. Cheese and green onions to garnish?
Sarah said…
That does sound good, especially with the sweet potato addition, but I should have mentioned that this will be for a potluck, and it looks like bangers and mash involves a high ratio of sausage to other stuff, so it might not feed many people. Maybe I'll try it some other time though.
EriD said…
maybe my folks are just cheap, but our bangers and mash tend to depend heavily on the potatoes. I'd be careful with overloading on mashed sweet potatoes, though - they tend to give people...digestive discomfort might be the best word.

Sweet potato chips, on the other hand, are delicious, and it's not your fault if people eat too many :) You can also make some cranberry sauce/relish- basically boil the berries in water and sugar, add other ingredients as they occur to you, and voila, a delicious sauce. -ErinD
EriD said…
and by chips I mean fries. I got a bit carried away in British-food lingo :)
Anonymous said…
That sausage would definitely taste good mixed with anything on that list except for maybe apple cider, although sausage with a glass of cider on the side wouldn't be too bad.
Sarah said…
I will take this under advisement, and save the cider for drinking.

I'm currently leaning towards pizza, with leeks, garlic, pecorino, fennel fronds and maybe walnuts? I'm not sure whether the walnuts will burn though.

Popular Posts