Some Random Facts

  1. I love cats, but I once put a sock on my cat's head so that I could watch him run backwards.
  2. I have a hard time motivating myself. I like being told what to do.
  3. My hair was straight until I got to junior high.
  4. I am happy, and content. Happiness has been an unattainable goal for so long. I'm sure I won't be happy forever, but now I know it's possible, which will sustain me.
  5. My parents and some neighbors and relatives read my blog, which makes this list different than it otherwise might be.
  6. I *love* getting mail. Real mail. Letters are the best, but even an index card with your signature on it would make my day.
  7. My super power is sleep. Anytime, anywhere.
  8. I'm agnostic. People are my holiness. I think it would be nice to believe in a higher power, but I don't feel that presence.
  9. When I was little, my dad used to tell me two stories that I can remember. One was about how I got my pacifier ("... and then Sarah found an empty beer bottle and she put that in her mouth, but it didn't taste good at all. So she found one of her stuffed animals and put that in her mouth, but it was hairy and she didn't like that... "), and one was about how my sister and I came to live with my parents (this one involved me and my sister living in a forest, eating blueberries, and deciding that we wanted to find parents to live with. I pulled my sister in a wagon and we went to a neighborhood, door to door, asking if the owners would take us in. Everybody was too busy or too grumpy or too something to adopt us, until we got to the pink house, where Mary and Dean had been just hoping that some children would come by so that they could adopt them). When I was older, I asked my dad to retell these stories, but he didn't remember them the way I did.
  10. My grandma pulled two of my teeth out.
  11. I hated high school. I hated high school so much. I don't even like driving through the town where my high school is. Dear Jenks high school, I hate you.
  12. When I was in second grade, my parents bought bunk beds for me and my sister that had really hard mattresses, because hard mattresses are good for your back. No amount of jumping ever softened those mattresses. We still have them, and when I sleep on them without a pillow, my ear is asleep when I wake up.
  13. Also when I was in second grade, my insult of choice when I was mad at my mom was "I hope a boulder falls on you!"
  14. I wish I knew my sister better.
  15. I have lived in 9 different cities, if you count stays of over 1 year. 11, if you count stays of over 3 months. I used to lament (a LOT) that I didn't have a childhood home that I could someday take my kids to visit. Also that I don't know what to answer when asked "where are you from?" But I like that I've started over enough times that it isn't scary anymore.
  16. When I was in elementary school, I read so much during the summers that my mom used to force me to go outside occasionally. I really resented this.
  17. I like the smell of latex paint and skunks.
  18. I love textiles. Paper, fabric, yarn, I swoon. I want to touch everything and wrap myself in it.
  19. I don't think in words. I didn't think this was weird until recently, but maybe it is?
  20. Adult multi-vitamins and some chewable vitamins make me sick, so I still take Flintstones.
I tag Simone, Patrick, Jared, and Travis.

Comments

Popular Posts