never been prouder to be an Oklahoma voter

I received my absentee ballot for the Norman mayoral election. I sort of glanced at it and set it aside. Then today I got a letter from one of the candidates, asking for my vote, and she mentioned "my opponent," which seemed odd, since I had thought there were three names on the ballot. So I went back and checked, and sure enough, there are three names:

EZ Million

One of these names is not like the others...

I assumed that it was a prank--somebody had gone to a lot of trouble to fill out the appropriate paperwork, and I appreciated the laugh. But NO. Guys, this is a real candidate, and that is his real name (his name is Elmer Zen, after his father, Elmer, and his mother, Zenna). This is the best ballot ever.

Comments

Grant Hutchins said…
He ran for governor in 2006, on the platform of moving the OU-Texas game back to alternating between Norman and Austin.

Popular Posts