the ghost of corn crib past

There's a book on the shelves in the corn crib called "The Sex Lives of Cannibals," which, according to the back cover, is a humorous account of life on an island in Kiribati. I opened it up yesterday. Inside the front cover, it says:

Corncribber - If you are reading this then you must work for Heinz. So, you probably desperately need a laugh. There are many in these pages, so I suggest reading on. - unintelligible signature

I'm touched by this thoughtful gift left behind by some former employee (though wondering if I should save the book for when I'm feeling more desperate). I'm tempted to start a log book, for corn cribbers to pass on wisdom to each other through the years. Tips like where to set mouse traps, which pipes leak, how to pump out the S-trap in the shower so it doesn't freeze, what that freaky noise is, etc. Maybe words of encouragement for dealing with Heinz's tough love management style.

Comments

Popular Posts