I realized about a week ago that I never emailed Grupo Fenix with my flight information. They still thought I was coming on September 1st, when I'm actually arriving on August 31st. As soon as I realized this, I emailed the volunteer coordinator at Grupo Fenix. I apologized profusely and said I would be happy to stay at a hostel for that first night if the family would be inconvenienced by my early arrival. It had been several days and I hadn't heard back, so I was making plans to go to a hostel and just show up at the office the next day.

BUT today I got an email from Xiomara, the volunteer coordinator. She says that I will be staying with Dona Adilia and Don Juan, and their five-year-old grandson, and that "they will be happy to receive you as soon as you arrive." I hope that means that someone will meet me at the airport, because despite several pleas, Xiomara hasn't given me the family's address. So maybe the family will meet me at the airport, and Lesbia will be there too. Or maybe nobody will meet me there, and I'll fend for myself. We'll see...

My plane leaves tomorrow morning at 11:05, and I arrive in Managua at 5:58.

Comments

Popular Posts