So there's an answer to SorryEverybody.com: ApologiesAccepted.com. Personally, I kind of liked how the acceptances were mixed in with the apologies on the first site, but I guess it was getting a little unwieldly.

Clayton and Beth are coming for Thanksgiving! Along with many other people: four of my dad's students, and a professor and his family who are Chinese. I think that's it. My parents always invite some of my dad's international students, because it's cool to host people for a truly American holiday. My dad is still lobbying for salmon, but I think it will be a pretty traditional dinner, with turkey (which Ning is cooking at her apartment, since our oven is not that reliable). I will probably make the cranberry sauce, as usual, and maybe the pineapple glazed yams, and definitely a couple of pies. This year we have a ton of pecans from the tree in our backyard. We took them to a place to get them cracked, and should pick them up tomorrow. If they turn out okay, I'll use them in a pie. I'm slightly skeptical because we cracked a bunch of them by hand, and it was a mixed bag... plenty of rotten/moldy/partially-eaten-by-something-else nuts. So we shall see.

After Thanksgiving, I'm spending the weekend with Travis and Jared, whom I haven't seen since I got back! For their friend's dayafterThanksgiving dinner, I want to bring something, but haven't decided what yet. It could be apple pie, pecan pie, yams, or something simple like green beans? Travis and Jared, help me! What are you guys bringing?

And here's a random link to plush diseases. They were featured in the Wired that came today, and they are just irresistable (in my opinion). Why do I want a fuzzy stuffed ulcer-causing bacteria sitting on my bed? I don't know... don't YOU want one?

Comments

Popular Posts