A lot of the snow from the blizzard has melted by now, but on Thursday, a cold rain turned into snow/sleet as the night wore on. At 2:30 am, when I was leaving the library after finishing a Math Modeling paper, the fragile little trees around campus were drooping with the weight of the ice they had accumulated on their branches. It was beautiful. I didn't have my camera with me at the time, but the next morning I got a few pictures:

Droopy Tree

Frosted Tree

The Oval

Settling in to Olin. It's strange, but although I'm taking more classes right now than I ever have before, I don't feel like I'm doing significantly more work. Or maybe it's just that I don't get distracted as easily (having Kathy gone so often is kind of lonely, but I probably get more work done. It's a sad tradeoff). I do miss interacting with people. Although the student body has grown, I feel like my sphere of contacts has shrunk. Maybe because some people are in the mods, maybe because the juniors are more scattered throughout West Hall, maybe because my wing is particularly quiet. I still like it here, but it feels different.

Comments

Popular Posts