Love my friends.

Tonight K hosted a nice wine/cheese/chocolate night with S and J and I attending. People who I don't spend a lot of time with, but know well enough to fall into comfortable conversation. Drank enough wine to make lying on the ground talking a pleasant experience, although standing up would have been dizzy-making. I really seem to not hold much alcohol compared to other people. We mostly talked about Olin stuff, but that was okay.

Last night was also fun--K got together a group of people to go do trivia night at Paddy's Pub. It was pretty much blatantly an attempt for the pub to retain customers on a weekday night, but it was a lot of fun. We didn't win, but we did pretty well. We also didn't have any hardcore trivia people with us. To plagiarize K, this was one of the most college-like things I've done since becoming a college student.

So to sum up, two nights of moderate alcohol consumption! Yeah, that's about as crazy as I get.

Oh, and in that earlier post where I said that the heater shut off? I was wrong. Around 6 am, I left my sauna-room (except with 0% humidity) and went for a walk. Somehow the thermostat fixed itself (temporarily?) while I was gone. I don't think I've written about this before, but we have a cool little pond on Parcel B, with a swing hanging from a tree. Earlier in the semester, I discovered that when it's around midnight and I'm making no headway on my homework, a night walk is useful to clear my head. It was especially beautiful on the nights with a full moon and fresh snow. Sadly, the effect is not nearly as impressive in daylight, when the snow is partly melted. Kind of disappointing. I did find some playground equipment which could prove useful later.

Comments

Popular Posts