:-(

Gazpacho sounded so good and refreshing to me in light of this weather that I decided to make some. What I like about Gazpacho is that it's like eating cold salsa with a spoon, and I really like salsa. I looked at about three recipes online, and they all called for pureeing about half of the vegetables. I didn't remember gazpacho really having that kind of look or texture, but it was three recipes, out of three! How could they all be wrong? More fairly, I suppose there are different kinds of gazpacho. Some of which I obviously don't like. The kind that I made today called for pureeing half the vegetables and then adding 2 cups of vegetable juice. The textured, strongly tomato flavored result looks like vomit and is not refreshing, as far as I'm concerned. And I have a big bowl of it to eat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The trick to good gazpacho lies in two parts: first, chop the vegetables coarsely (to probably a size of about 1/4" cubed, at the smallest) -- do NOT put them in a Cuisinart or blender. Next, make sure to let it sit for a while before eating it.

Cook's Illusrated had a recipe awhile back that suggested these two things and it makes the damn tastiest gazpacho I've ever head. A close approximation to it is here: http://www.jimschrempp.com/recipes/recipe_gazpacho2.htm

--Anthony
Sarah said…
Sweet, thanks!

Popular Posts