a little strange

I just noticed that on Olin's homepage, the only "students" pictured are alumni. Realizing that the banners do change, I looked at all of them and these are the banners that are up there:

1. "Wanted: The Class of 2011" features two alumni and two faculty
2. "SCOPE Projects" features (understandably) five alumni and one faculty
3. "Community Service at Olin" features four or five alumni (can't tell if that's Emma or Pearl in the picture), and possibly one senior edit: Pearl says it's not her...
4. "Olin College Society of Women Engineers" features four seniors and a random SWE woman
5. "Post Graduate Planning" features one alumnus
6. "Emily's Blog" features... Emily
7. "COMETS" no people featured

So, that's 13 alumni and 4 seniors, and no underclassmen. Not that it's necessarily... bad... just seems a little weird. Mightn't prospective students be interested in seeing the projects that they'll be working on as freshmen?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sa'am, if you look at the pictures at the top of the student life tab, you can see me laying on the ground in one, I'm one of the guys tackling Rob in the next photo, and then I'm the Phantom holding up Carmelle in the 3rd photo. I definitely agree with you that they need to revisit these headers, make them more diverse and make them look higher quality. (They're only like 22k graphics, friggin' tiny!)
- Kevin Tostado
Olin College '06
Anonymous said…
It's not me in the SERV picture :)
Sarah said…
Thanks, I'll edit to reflect that.
Anonymous said…
*shrug* they are of us when we were young. the one with kathy was sophomore year (my team, but i'm camera-shy). also, i don't find that freshman-year pic of me and kim at habitat particularly flattering. well, emma and others, too, but i think they look fine.

Popular Posts