crimes of passion in the chicken coop!

This morning when I took my laundry down to the house, G and the girls were standing around watching Mack and Black and the five ducklings--wait, five? Yes, the sixth duckling was discovered dead in the coop this morning by M. Its head an neck were wet, leading G to infer that Mack is the culprit. He's been in a mating mood recently, and apparently last night, unable to fly up to the shelf with Black, he inflicted his personal version of courtship on one of the ducklings. This involves a little strangulation, which might work on an adult duck, but was too much for the teenage duck.

Earlier this week, Rebecca and I harvested the rest of the garlic scapes (the curly flower stalks), and we've been smelling like garlic ever since. It's kind of sickening after a while. I had to leave my shirt and pants outside. So I put a load of laundry in this morning, and now all of my clothes smell like garlic :-(.

Comments

Popular Posts