My corn has corn on it!

Sweet Corn

If these ears turn out to be edible and tasty, I'm going to be really pleased with myself. I'm already getting edamame, cherry tomatoes, and basil from my garden, and there's a fennel bulb and a head of radicchio that are ready to be harvested. My Job's Tears are also looking promising:

Job's tears

I wish that I had more pictures of what work is like on the farm, but it's hard to carry a camera around with me and still keep it clean. I did bring my camera on Saturday and took a couple of pictures of vegetable prep. Here we have X and R washing cabbages (and removing bad leaves, caterpillars, and caterpillar poop):

washing cabbages

Comments

Joelle said…
So, how do you eat Job's Tears?
Sarah said…
I know it's possible to eat them, but I think most people save the seeds to use as beads (which is what I plan to do). When they're mature, they turn blue or white, and they conveniently have a hole running down the middle.

Popular Posts