This is the first time I've lived in a state where same-sex marriage is legal. It's so amazing, and so normal. I didn't even realize it was legal here until I'd been here for about a month. But there's a ballot measure to take away those marriage rights, which strikes me as a darn good reason to stop voting in Oklahoma and start voting in Maine. The election is on Tuesday, but I went in this afternoon to register and vote in person absentee. So I'm done--I voted to keep the status quo, which in this case is awesome.

Comments

Joelle said…
Way to go!

Does this mean you have to develop a down-east accent?
Sarah said…
I would if I could--the Maine accents fascinate me but I don't hear them often enough to pick them up. It's like the opposite of a drawl.
Anonymous said…
congrats, feels good. joy

Popular Posts