There was a recent SCOPE email from dbarrett which says, in part:

"Please work with your team to reserve several weekly blocks of time where the full team can both meet and work for 4-6 contiguous hours together. [...] As the overall success of the SCOPE program rests on your achievements in the next few months, I will formally request that you make setting aside this joint work time one of your highest priorities." (emphasis mine)

I haven't heard any discussion about this yet, but... doesn't this seem just a little optimistic on Dave's part? I mean, right now the only things in my calendar for this semester are classes, and even then (unless I start skipping meals) the only six hour block of time I have on any day is from 5:30 pm to 11:30 pm. SCOPE, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

Comments

Mikell said…
Heheheheh. I've heard lots of discussion. General agreement is that he is on crack. I foresee much rebellion.

I don't know about you, but besides scheduling, I work *horribly* in groups for that long a time. If there's a goal -- i.e., integrate and test software with hardware -- then of course I'll do this. But to require it every week? Or multiple times a week? Aaaaghhhh.
Sarah said…
Same here. With rare exceptions, I get restless and unjustifiably irritated when I spend too much continuous time working with people.

Popular Posts