mmm

I may have found a partial solution for my refrigerator space woes! I was talking with Lorin the other day and she mentioned that everyone makes fun of her because she makes her sandwiches at work, which reminded me that there is a very sparsely used minifridge within 20 feet of my cubicle. This more than doubles my available space, which means that I can have really good lunches like (today) fruit salad made with space-hogging peaches, apricots, plums, and blueberries, a sandwich on pita bread with tofu and mayo-not-tahini spread, mesclun, and yellow grape tomatoes (that's mesclun, not mescaline, as one confused, disappointed houseguest thought). I can store all of these things at work! When I go to the farmers market on Sundays I can stop by the office and drop off half of my produce before even taking it home!

Fun weekend--went to the Black Cat with Jalene for their annual cover band event, which was enjoyable. The best were an Elvis Costello group and the amusingly costumed all-female Violent Femmes cover band ("We're the Violent Feminists, you patriarchal assholes!"). Sadly, most if not all of the groups form exclusively to participate in this event, so I can't stalk them.

Also saw An Inconvenient Truth because the theater wasn't showing A Scanner Darkly. A troubling movie. I'm currently reading Collapse (finally--it's out in paperback), and it fits quite well with An Inconvenient Truth.

Oh, and sometime between 3rd grade and now, I unexpectedly gained the ability to keep a hula hoop off the ground. There were hippies selling pretty, sturdy (for adults!) hula hoops, and I was tempted, but they were $25, and we don't have a yard, and hula hooping in my room seems sad.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Violent Feminists actually are a regular band called Federal City Five

www.federalcityfive.com

Popular Posts