This is going to be a complaining post.

It's hot here. Really hot. And it's not just me; my family says it's hotter than it usually is. So at least there's hope that it will get better.

There are mice in my room. I bought some individually packaged crackers, figuring I'd be safe, but mice went into my backpack and chewed holes through the plastic. I bought poison yesterday and have put it out around my room.

The stupid rooster must be from a different time zone, because he starts crowing at 1 a.m. and doesn't STOP until sunrise.

I can't get any work done. It's just too hot to concentrate. All I can do at home is read books, because my computer gets overheated when I try to use it in this climate. I start typing and I'm covered in sweat. The internet cafes are closed on Sunday, and the internet is often non-functional at the office. I haven't yet found an internet cafe that will let me plug in my laptop and send emails that I've already written. I can't do much on the computers in the cafes, because the letters and symbols on the keyboards don't match what they are bound to.

I want to go to sleep in a cool room and wake up and take a hot shower, not the other way around.

Comments

Popular Posts