Ah, yes. Silly me, I had forgotten how not fun it is to go grocery shopping without a car. A twenty minute walk to the store isn't bad, but doing it with milk, produce, rice, and other food on your back and in your arms... it's a long walk. And every catcall and whistle makes the groceries just a little bit heavier. Catcalls never cease to mystify and annoy me.

The house... is butt-ugly. I'll post pictures later. The iron grates over all the windows don't really help. The inside is not horrible, but the previous occupants did a pathetic job of cleaning and moving their stuff out. One of the girls is in New York right now, and left a big pile of junk in the living room. She's supposed to paint one of the bedrooms, which hasn't been done, so I guess it's a good thing Will isn't here yet. I'm not sure how he'll react to this place... the neighborhood seems a little sketchy--lots of broken windows and boarded up storefronts.

They didn't vacuum, didn't clean the sink in the kitchen, the paint is peeling in the bathroom and it smells like mildew. And there's mouse shit in the drawers in the kitchen. Home sweet home.

I'm just really exhausted and kind of lonely right now. I'm sure this place will be fine. I need a friend to be here with me to help make it feel like home.

Comments

Will said…
Heh...it sounds like it will be an adventure...see you in a week.

Popular Posts