I think my problem is that I'm too much of an observer, and not enough of a participant. I suck at small talk, although I'm getting better at it in certain situations. I suck at parties. What I do at parties is watch and listen, and I have fun in my own way, but I don't really "participate" in the way that other people do. The fact that I don't talk much at parties I think confuses people and I get told that I look sad or like I'm not having fun. And I suck at making the first move. I'm passive. I really suck at making the first move. sigh.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah, i don't see that as your 'problem', it's just you, which doesn't suck...this world is frightened by those things outside the average...suppose that is how we got the status quo. Mark said the other day our lives could be so simple if we weren't so pissed off about the hegemony, ignorance is bliss. But that would truly suck, right.
I think you are perfect just the way you are...don't let anyone make you feel any different.
You are...

Popular Posts