It's weird... sometimes museums make me really emotional, and I don't fully understand why. I mean, some of America's history is really sad, but it wasn't just the sad exhibits that got to me today. Here's a list of exhibits at the Smithsonian American History Museum that made me teary:

  • Whatever Happened to Polio?
  • Within These Walls (The History of a House)
  • Azucar! The Life and Music of Celia Cruz
  • A Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald
  • Field to Factory: Afro-American Migration


One a lighter note, there's a sign outside the neighborhood bar that makes me smile every time that I walk past. It advertises "Live DJ Dancing!" I know what they mean to say, but I get a picture in my head of some guy with big headphones, grooving by himself in a corner while the rest of the bar patrons watch. Sounds like a good time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would like to go there sometime. Glad you are getting to see things.

Popular Posts