should I be worried

My back has been killing me recently and Advil is no longer cutting it, so this morning at work, I was looking up places where I could get a massage. And something really weird happened. When I clicked the "search businesses" button in Google Maps, I got this:

google screenshot.jpg

(I blurred out the face for the purpose of posting this screenshot)

I know this girl. I went to high school with her. This is her Facebook profile picture. I have not spoken with her in approximately 5.5 years, and as far as I know, she has no connection to Washington, DC, or to massage. And yet here she is on my map. Covering up the important streets, no less. I try clicking "search for businesses" again. Still there. I try searching for grocery stores instead of massage studios, thinking I might get to see a new picture. Nope, still her. I did discover that searching for grocery stores near my home address made the picture go away. Also, Google Maps behaved normally in IE. I closed Firefox and opened it and tried the same search, with the same results.

This... weirds me out a little bit. Note that I had not even accessed Facebook from this computer for at least a week, and I can't remember the last time I've viewed this girl's profile.

Google... you're scaring me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So I noticed the maps have been somewhat flaky lately, but mine's never done that.

Popular Posts