most boring fraud ever...

So a couple of days ago, I noticed that I was missing my debit card. I didn't panic, since I sometimes carry various cards in my pocket, wallet, purse, sock, or drop them on the floor of my room by accident. I assumed that once I finished unpacking from the Colorado trip and cleaned up my room, I would find it. I did check online and see that my card was used twice to add value to a SmarTrip card, but since I just had to replace my SmarTrip card last week, I thought that was probably WMATA mistakenly charging me, and I planned to call Monday if they didn't remove the charges. But today I checked my account again, and there are three more charges--two from Safeway and one from McDonalds (the McDonalds charge was the dead giveaway). So Bank of America is going to credit me for the charges and send me a new card. There will be some annoyance re-setting up all of my online bill payments, but overall I don't think it will be a big hassle.

It does make me curious about who has been using my card though. There were no huge charges--just five mundane, everyday purchases that totaled $96.15.

Comments

Popular Posts