I took a few more pictures. They're in the same album as before because I don't really know what I'm doing.

I'm getting a cold. Why couldn't it have waited a few more days? It's been one day, and my nose is already raw... I miss Kleenex.

Tonight I'm going to some English class that I was invited to. Apparently this is a pretty advanced class, and they want to practice talking with a native speaker. I was talking to Mario in the office the other day, and he speaks pretty good English, but there's still the bitch/beach problem. Even though I'm aware of it, it still caught me by surprise when he said "on the weekends I visit the bitch in Leon..." Maybe I should have corrected his pronunciation, but it didn't occur to me at the time, and it would be a little weird to bring it up now.

For some reason this reminds me of Ivis' misadventures with English. He adores Spiderman, but like many Latinos, tends to add an "e" to the start of "s" words. The other day he was singing loudly about "EH! SPY! DER! MON!" He's fascinated by all of my electronics... I think I have an mp3 of the Spiderman song that I'll let him listen to. Ivis watches a lot of TV. Two of the shows that he watches are Xena and Sheena (princess of the jungle, in case you didn't know). He can't hear the difference between their names, so he calls them Ugly Cheena and Pretty Cheena.

Comments

Popular Posts