This morning Xiomara came over and asked me to clarify what I wanted to be paid to my host family. I said that I wanted them to receive what they normally would for food and rent for the month of October. Later, Susan came over to talk to me about this. Apparently her understanding was that they would just be paid rent, but not food. I reiterated that it seemed fair to me that they be paid for both. Susan kind of sighed and said something to the effect of "it's your right to ask that we pay them that money, but I'm worried that it will set a precedent." Well, GOOD. I hope that it does set a precedent. Sheesh. I have no way of ensuring that Grupo Fenix will pay that money to the family, but I like to think that Susan wouldn't purposefully go against my wishes now that she knows what they are.

Comments

Popular Posts