Will got in last night, rather unexpectedly (I was expecting him on Monday). It's good to have someone else here.

I went through our media collection tonight. In addition to the impressive number of books that Will and I have, the girls who lived here before us left behind about 20 videos. Most of them look like crappy movies or episodes of TV shows, but score on getting Pulp Fiction. There are also some cryptically labelled tapes ("Joey's Tape", "Surfers Paradies"--could be paradise or parodies), and about five unlabelled tapes. These we shall save for a boring night.

Cooking is so much better when it's for two or more people. Otherwise the dishes don't really seem worth it. Tonight's pizza-making was fairly comical. At the grocery store, I told Will that I thought our kitchen probably had a cheese grater, and sadly I was wrong, so I used a dull knife to try and shave thin slivers of mozzarella cheeze. And then we turned on the oven and whatever was in there started smoking and set off the alarm in the living room, so we took turns fanning the smoke detector while preparing the pizza. I did think of closing the door to the kitchen, but unfortunately the door turned out to not be connected to the doorway (silly me!), leading to the second time in my life that a door has fallen on me.

But the pizza was good. And garlicky.

The heat and humidity have arrived in DC. It's much like Oklahoma, or Nicaragua but without the intense equator-sun. Which is to say, it's unpleasant to be out walking in it, but at least I'm somewhat used to it. I think Will is going to wilt.

Comments

Popular Posts