can't we just share?

I didn't expect this to be a big deal, and it probably won't be, but I'll definitely need to adjust to this non-communal food situation. The refrigerator is divided into sixths, and since there are currently seven of us living here, I have approximately 80 square inches to call my own. So things will get better after Dena moves out. But still... I was thinking that I could cook things for myself, and if the recipe is supposed to feed six, then I'd just have to suck it up and eat it for lunch and dinner for three days. But I'm not even sure that's feasible, since I would have to store that food, and a large bowl would pretty much edge out anything else I had in the fridge.

I'm sure this is workable... the other housemates seem to handle it fine, and even get some cooking done. But for now I'm still feeling like a nomad with no bed or shelf to call my own, so I've been very unambitious in my food preparation lately--nothing with more than three ingredients or so (tonight I made scrambled eggs with onions and cheese, so now I have to store half an onion, a block of cheese, and four eggs. The space fills up fast).

Comments

Anonymous said…
just stopping by to say hi, finally figured out how to send a comment, gh

Popular Posts