Good night

I went to a party tonight, at my future house, and actually enjoyed it. I even met some new, nice people who don't live in the house. One of them coincidentally does web and report design for a [much smaller] nonprofit, and volunteers at what is supposed to be an amazing farmers' market in Dupont Circle on Sundays (I intend to go tomorrow). I also met a couple of guys who work at AED. Things started a little rough:

him: I HEARD YOU WORK AT AED
me: WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU I WAS CANADIAN?
him: WHAT?

...but got better once we moved away from the speakers.

So I might have friends at AED. Although one guy seemed more promising than the other. He has adjusted his work schedule so he can work at an after-school tutoring program several days a week, and just generally seems like a nice, observant guy. It also helps that the weather is fantastic right now. 70s and breezy, good for sitting on the front porch at a party, having a conversation. A good night.

Comments

Popular Posts